Monday, March 10, 2014

Having Trouble Sleeping, Try this!!!!



Why do I wake up 3 or 4 times a night?  Why is it so difficult to get back to sleep?  OK I know I start thinking about the things I have to do the next day.  Trust me my life is not that important.

  • What's for dinner
  • What's the weather going to be like for driving
  • Shoot I forgot to fold my laundry
  • Wonder what my next blog should be about.......
Definitely nothing that is going to affect the affairs of the world.  Well one day last week, I woke up and I was singing "All of Me" by Johnny Legend.  I didn't even know I knew the words to this song.  So the way my mind likes to repeat things (like counting is another favourite past time when I'm awake in the middle of the night).  I kept singing it and magically it lulled me back to sleep.  

So for the past week everytime I have woke up I have started singing (in my brain).  My favourite nighttime lullabies so far have been:
  • Yesterday
  • The Letter
  • Leaving on a Jet Plane
And it's working, I sing the chorus twice (that's usually all I know) and I'm back asleep.  

O:)

No comments:

Post a Comment