Monday, October 17, 2016

Claude Monet's home in Giverney

If you like flowers and gardens then you have to plan a visit to Claude Monet's house in Giverny, it is like a fairyland of flowers.  I have to admit I didn't know anything about artists until my friend Arlene came back from the Louvre in Paris with a print of one of Monet's pictures.  It was amazing.  Mona Lisa I could pick out and then our trip to Rome with a little help from the book the Da Vinci code really encouraged me to spend a little more time exploring these amazing artists.  Claude Monet's house and property is a like a disneyland for art lovers.  There is an impressionist museum, studios, cafes, it is like a whole little village that has grown up around his home and garden.

There were 2 gigantic parking lots and tons of buses, so if you go in the summer be prepared for major lineups.  Luckily we were able to wander right through his gardens and even get a picture near the bridge in the Japanese Water Garden.

Remember this is October 15 and the flowers are still amazing.  I think I might even be able to paint in his setting LOL.

Enjoy the pictures.

One of the local cafes and artist stores.






















This is where he did a lot of his painting.  


The view from his bedroom.  Can you imagine waking up to this every morning.  With a cup of french coffee, oh my.  oh la la !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment