Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Grooms Breakfast


It has been a long time since I organized anything for a boy.  Wedding showers, baby showers, weddings, they were all easy peasy compared to organizing David's wedding breakfast with his groomsmen.  There definitely weren't any blush accessories.  Maybe a little purple seeing as I finally settled on a good old fashioned Scottish Breakfast with a William Wallace theme.



Some lovely Scottish Thistles and of course William Wallace at the head of the table.  As we were setting the table I said to Jay, shysters I forgot tartan napkins.  He just laughed and said we probably won't use them anyway, the white are fine.  I had prepared a ton of the food on the Friday and left explicit instructions with Jim, Andrew and Jay while I went and had my hair and make-up done, they did a great job.  All the greasy stuff was cooked beforehand, we didn't want to smell like grease as we walked down the asile.

+

A wee bottle of scotch to cheer with, some Guinness to wet their whistles and some blueberry scones, carrot muffins and coffee in the kitchen to get the festivities started.   I had t-shirts made up for all the groomsmen with "The David" on.  Whew thankfully the boys all jumped on board to make the morning special.





Once I checked on everything and turned the eggs over to Andrew I had to run out to pick up the boutonnieres for the boys.

I walked in the door to cheering and shouts of freedom as they all read "The David" sayings which were famous quotes from the movie William Wallace which a number of my family and friends can quote from heart.






The next thing I knew the movie was on and they were all yelling and screaming like a bunch of Scotsmen at a soccer game.  I was starting to worry we weren't going to make the wedding.

They all got onboard when I said I needed one picture of them all before they had to go and get dressed for the wedding.


I then dashed upstairs to get dressed so I could photograph some more memories for this amazing group of men who in some cases have known each other since they were 5.  And I'm sure this isn't the first time they have put a skirt on together :)

Needless to say I forgot to tell the boys to take a picture of the food and by the time I returned the plates were pretty empty.  Here is

The Menu
Blueberry Scones
Carrot Muffins
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Homemade Flat Sausages
Grandma's Country Style Potatoes
Black Pudding
Roasted Tomatoes
English Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment